Objective: Experienced, energetic public relations professional looking to secure a position that will utilize my media relations, media event planning and relationship building skills to get my company’s message heard and to solicit coverage.
American Society of Travel Agents, Alexandria, VA
Communications Manager October 2008- Present
- Manage and maintain department budget
- Create and maintained blog for CEO creating awareness and coverage for company
- Write and distribute monthly chapter newsletter to 13,000 members
- Execute, plan and promote press events in New York City and on Capitol Hill
- Execute media campaigns to promote ASTA and travel agents to consumers
- Craft press releases and pitches garnering interviews in prominent industry and national publications
- Maintain and produce member content on ASTA.org
- Train 12 officials in media response techniques
- Writing company annual report
- Consult Premium members – write and send press releases, create and maintain media lists
- Manage all press trips for executives and senior staff
- Manage media office and functions at international and domestic tradeshows with 3,000 attendees in Las Vegas, Orlando and Lyon, France with more than 100 media attendees. Run media office, press coverage of event, promotion of event, plan and host all media events, press conferences and interviews during and before each show. Manage media relations for shows in Sun City, South Africa and Istanbul Turkey with 3,000 attendees.
- Execute coordinator position below
Communications Coordinator July 2007 – October 2008
- Write, edit and send two weekly newsletters to membership of 13,000
- Primary media contact – respond to all incoming media requests, arrange all interviews
- Write speeches, talking points and interviews for executive board members
- Write up to 15 articles quarterly for ASTA magazine, ASTAnetwork
- Manage relationship with publishing company on editing magazine
- Create and distribute media lists and online press kits to more than 1,000 domestic and international media
Institute of Scrap and Recycling Industries, Washington, D.C.
Editorial Intern for Scrap Magazine May 2006 – August 2006
- Write a published feature article, including interviews and research
- Edit Content
- Write biographical profiles and news items
Skills: Proficient in MS Office Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign (all CS2), Frontpage, Burelle’s Media Connect, Cision Media, Magnet Mail, Streamsend, Twitter, WordPress, TweetDeck.
Designed multi-faceted public relations campaign for the launch of a Web site for Pastries by Randolph. Campaign included advertisements, brochures, strategies and tactics for increasing business through the launch and use of a Web site.
American University, Washington, DC
BA Public Communication Jan. 2005 – May 2007